Nolvadex is an anti-estrogen medicine that helps the human body recover from a steroid cycle. It is more appropriate to call the medication an estrogen antagonist because it lowers the estrogen concentration at the receptor sites which prevents estrogen from binding with it easily.
Why use Nolvadex?
Novladex is useful in helping people recovery from a PCT and enables them to counter the unwanted side effects that are associated with Post Cycle Therapy (PCT). This is the reason why Nolvadex is commonly used by bodybuilders and athletes to neutralize the unwanted effects of steroid use. The androgen production in the body goes down after a person takes steroids for a prolonged period. The body takes some time to recommence the production of androgens after the steroid cycle ends. In order to compensate for the fall in the level of androgen in the body, an increase amount of estrogen is released and the creation of SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin) is enhanced which blocks the testosterone receptor sites. The increased amount of SHBG in the body causes a drop in the amount of unbound testosterone hormones.
Benefits of using Nolvadex
Nolvadex has several important health benefits that have increased its popularity amongst its users. Some of these benefits are:
- It prevents the growth of breasts in men (a condition known as gyneocomastia) by keeping the level of estrogen in check
- It is also prescribed by doctors to prevent the formation of breast cancer in those who are susceptible to it
- It prevents estrogen from binding
- It helps patients recovering from a steroid cycle
- Nolvadex can also be useful for restoring the body’s testosterone production to its natural level
On average, people require about 4 to 6 weeks of therapy to recover from a steroid cycle depending on how intensive the steroid therapy was. A daily dosage of 20 mg of Nolvadex is usually enough for the purpose.